Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A Year Ago...

May 29, 2010 – Wedding Day! What a beautiful day it was. Our wedding day was perfect! A wedding is something you look forward to your entire life as a little girl – every detail planning out in you head by the time you are 10… and I can say whole heartedly that my wedding was everything I hoped for and more. The atmosphere, the people, the weather, and most importantly the man standing at the end of the isle was perfection. I said “I do” to my best friend – it has been an amazing year of fun, sometimes not fun, growing experiences! I’m so thankful for my wonderful husband!




May 30, 2010 – Michael and I flew to our amazing, wonderful, beautiful, and lovely honeymoon to Whitehouse Sandals Jamaica. AMAZING – that is all it comes down to – AMAZING! I believe that an all-inclusive resort is a once in a lifetime specular experience. We loved every second of our trip there… although the bus ride there made us feel like “well at least we got to be married before we died” I would love to be back there right now… laying on my floatie being offered drinks by all the wonderful people working there… grabbing an iced cappuccino and a blueberry crepe for breakfast… enjoying the clear blue ocean… it’s a little piece of heaven right here on earth.

June 8, 2010 – Mom, Dad, Michael and I started our trek with all my belongings up to Lynchburg – moving away from home. L We learned that living on the 3rd floor makes to just want to throw away everything you own after the 1st few trips up and down the stairs BUT in the time we have lived there we have loved the 3rd floor because no one is tromping on our ceiling.

June 14, 2010 – I started my job as a Product Manager Apprentice… first time having to go to work every day 8 hours a day… wow was it an adjustment. 2 months later I got my promotion to Mobile Product Manager! God has blessed me in ways that I definitely do not thank Him enough for with my job. It’s extremely challenging, stressful, stretching, and sometimes just downright horrible BUT it has increased my knowledge of the technology word, increased my appreciation for what goes on behind the scenes of all these programs I expect to run and work at the tap of a finger, made me do things I would never have thought I could do, and helped me learn how to manage huge projects and stress without dropping dead in an instant.


I'm so thankful for the past year - I have learned a lot about myself, feel deeper and deeper in love with my dearest husband, and the Lord has taught me much about patience, seeking his will, and abiding in him. I'm excited to see what this next year brings!




2 comments:

  1. I wish I would've been at the wedding!! Time flies, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really does! The months go by so fast... it's really hard to believe it's going to be July a week from Friday! When are you coming back to NC?

    ReplyDelete

Your Pearls