Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

On a sick day...

Monday was a sick day - went to work in the morning felt awful so I decided I would work best from home the rest of the afternoon. What better way to eat when you aren't feeling great than making some homemade chicken soup.

So here is my recipe... adapted from a couple different recipes and a little spice of my own.

For the Stock:

Bone in Chicken – I just use an entire fresh chicken from Kroger

3 1/2 quarts water

1 ½ onion, peeled and diced

1 1/2 to 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning

A couple shakes of lemon-pepper seasoning (I like a lot because it adds a great flavor)

A couple shakes of red pepper flakes

1 heaping tablespoon of minced garlic

4 bay leaves

4 fresh basil leaves

1 tablespoon of chicken stock

For the Soup:

2 cups sliced carrots

2 cups sliced celery, with leafy green tops

3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves

2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary leaves

Seasoning salt

Freshly ground black pepper

Noodles:

2 ½ cups egg noodles

Sadly for me I use my gluten free noodles

Make the stock and boil for 45 minutes. Take out the chicken (let it cool before you try and take the meat off)

Put in all the ingredients for the soup and let is boil till the carrots and celery are soft.

If you want you can add milk or heavy cream to the soup before eating. Michael always likes to add it to his… I just go with the stock - less calories :)

ENJOY!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Pearls